Company: 99Degrees Custom
Posted on: May 7, 2022
We are Makers. We make what hasn't been made before, including a
new model of US manufacturing.
Come help us make our future!
COME GROW WITH US!
This position is one of several added in conjunction with our
expansion in Lawrence!
We are looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and
willingness to roll up their sleeves to help build a future model
of US manufacturing. If you love building processes and systems,
working with a diverse and multilingual workforce, and learning how
things are made from the inside, then you would be right at home at
WHO WE ARE
Lawrence MA-based, 99Degrees was founded in 2013 to transition US
manufacturing into an advanced manufacturing industry through
speed, agility, technology and a commitment to our region and
workforce. We are a US contract manufacturer who produces technical
activewear and wearable technologies for the most forward thinking
global and high growth brands. We incubate advanced concepts,
develop, prototype and sample, and produce in the US with
unprecedented speed and agility. We have been recognized with top
prizes from MIT's Inclusive Innovation Competition, MassChallenge
and EforAll business accelerators and have been featured on NPR,
PRI, MSNBC, and in the Boston Globe.
- Innovation: We pursue technologies that benefit us all. We
change, adapt, and learn to capture and execute cutting edge and
game changing ideas. We approach challenges with solutions.
- Inclusivity: We celebrate diversity as a strength. We ensure
that we all have a voice. We foster systemic inclusivity and equal
- Integrity: We are honest, fair, and principled. We do what is
right even when it is difficult.
- Quality: We work with purpose to set new standards for our
industry, for US manufacturing, and for business.
- People: We prioritize and invest in family, community, and
wellness so that we all may pursue full and happy lives.
HOW THIS ROLE SUPPORTS OUR VISION
This position is responsible for planning and directing the
accounting operations of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and
procedures to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and reliability of
numbers and reports.
- Implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing
- Produce financial reports. Ensure that the reported results
comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and
internal financial reporting standards and expectations.
- Manage month and year end closing procedures to ensure accurate
and timely period closings.
- Initiate improvements to current reports, forms, and tracking
systems so that they serve as strong and effective communication
tools and can easily be used for financial decision
- Model scenarios and alternatives to support financial and
- Update and maintain our cash flow model and weekly cash flow
reports. Manage customers and vendors to ensure predictable cash
- Manage the production of an annual budget and periodic
forecasts by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and
initiating corrective actions.
- Provide financial analysis, with emphasis on capital
investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Manage year-end financial statement review/audit process. Work
with external auditors and provide needed information for financial
reviews and/or audits.
- File quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- And any other related task that the supervisor deems to be
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, which
includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank
reconciliations, inventory, invoicing, cash management, cost
accounting, general ledger, revenue recognition, period closings,
- Ensure that daily transactions are completed on time and with
- Oversee the training and advancement of the team. Identify
training needs and work to resource them.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate will share our vision for the future of apparel
manufacturing, will be a champion of our culture and our values. We
are problem solving, collaborative, inclusive and evolving. If you
and have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3-5 years experience as a controller for a manufacturing
- Experience working with multiple legal entities under different
- Experience with Finance reporting requirements.
- Auditing, accounting and corporate finance experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
- Familiarity with Quickbooks.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word.
- Management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering
- Outstanding math and research skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
99Degrees Custom is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. 99Degrees Custom strictly prohibits and does not tolerate
discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered
persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion,
discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of
Keywords: 99Degrees Custom, Lawrence , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!