Company: GREATER LAWRENCE COMMUNITY ACTION COUNCIL INC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
GLCAC - Lawrence, MA
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will
be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a
budget of $30 million and supervise a team of 6 staff members
including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts
payable, accounts receivable, and grants administration. The
Controller will ensure that the GLCAC, Inc. has the systems and
procedures in place to support effective program implementation and
conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with
program directors and their staffs, not only to educate them
regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how
the finance function can support program operations.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory
- Maintain internal controls for receipt of revenue, expenditure
of funds, and safeguarding of GLCAC, Inc.'s assets.
- Manage the closeout of the monthly accounting cycle and produce
monthly financial statements for presentation to senior leadership
and Board's Finance Committee.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial
reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist GLCAC, Inc CFO in the annual budgeting and planning
- Support the CFO in engaging the Board's Audit and Finance
committees around issues and trends in financial operations and
program service delivery.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to
clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement
training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual
and organizational goals;
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications
with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and
promote a positive and supportive work environment.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with seven
to ten years of accounting and finance experience, ideally
beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience
gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial
information to executive teams and external stakeholders. S/he will
ideally have experience in a complex nonprofit that has multiple
Other qualifications include:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering
commitment to GLCAC. Inc.'s mission; a proactive, hands-on
strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the
responsibility for finance
- Minimum of a BA; CPA and/or MBA or MS preferred
- A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance
and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a
diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which
allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in
effectively communicating key data, including presentations to
senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to
individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance
- Must have a suitable CORI & SORI completed within the first
thirty (30) days of employment.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises the Grant Manager and Grant
Physical Demands: This job regularly requires the employee to sit,
walk and stand as well as use hands repetitively to handle or
operate standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally
required to kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office
environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.
Keywords: GREATER LAWRENCE COMMUNITY ACTION COUNCIL INC, Lawrence , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!