Center Administrative Assistant
Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
This position is responsible to greet and assist visitors; answer
phones; provide administrative support in a variety of duties to
Education, Family Support Services content areas, case management
team and the entire operation of the center. The Center
Administrative Assistant is also responsible for collecting
applications; computer input; maintain the wait list and process
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional representation of the center by
welcoming visitors with positive communication skills at all
- Provide administrative support in activities such as the
preparation of reports, center updates, development and
implementation of new forms, filing and center supply
- Assist in areas related to staff time and attendance system,
training and supervision of center office volunteers,
revision/distribution of HS Policy & Procedures.
- Provide support to all Head Start center activities including,
but not limited to; center committee meetings, trainings,
coordination of parent meetings, home visits, and administration
support to both Center Supervisors (Education and Case
- The Center Administrative Assistant is responsible for computer
input and processing of enrollment applications, documentation and
submission of volunteer paperwork, recording children's attendance
and submitting daily meal counts, and initiating follow-up on
- Responsibilities also include contacting substitutes for
classroom coverage as needed, tracking and reporting on
- Maintain the parent and staff boards up to date with current
information. Support school readiness and parent engagement
- Support school readiness activities and parent engagement.
- Other duties as assigned based on program needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate or higher degree in Business Administration or
related field (or in progress/equivalent experience), plus 1+ years
of experience preferred in relevant position (5 additional years of
experience may be substituted for education requirement).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer proficiency is required. Must have ability to work a
flexible schedule, if needed, and multi-task in a high paced,
professional, team-oriented environment.
- Must have use of a car/means of transportation and valid
- Flexible schedule is required to meet the needs of our children
and families; including some evenings/weekends.
- Ability to read, write, and express oneself in English
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
- CPR and First Aid certificate preferred or ability to maintain
CPR/ FA within 30 days of hire.
- Show documented proof of current physical exam, negative TB
test and proof of MMR immunity. (Hepatitis B immunity is
- Must have a suitable CORI, SORI & DCF background check on file
prior to employment.
- Must have a suitable fingerprint check completed within the
first thirty (30) days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Inc., Lawrence , Center Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!