Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
Posted on: May 18, 2023
The position is responsible for planning, creation and
implementation of all of the GLCACs marketing strategies,
communications, and public relations activities, both external and
internal. The position will also take a lead role in developing web
content for the organizations website. The position will oversee
creation and implementation of collateral materials for marketing,
communications and public relations, including social and
traditional media. These include traditional printed materials such
as brochures and flyers as well as social-media-focused content,
print media, photography and video as needed. -
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities: -
Marketing, communications and public relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the
success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public
relations program that will enhance the organizations image within
the community and the general public, and facilitate internal and
external communications; -
- Create content for the organizations marketing, communications
and public relations activities and materials including
publications, newsletters, annual reports, media relations, client
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and
distribution of all organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure
regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media
requests and ensures active presence across social media
- Act as the organizations representative with the media when
- Coordinate the appearance of all organization print and
electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures,
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance
and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing,
communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to departments on marketing, communications and
- Ensure that the organization regularly conducts relevant market
research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and
special events.Planning and budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of
marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and
financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place
related to these goals and objectives and report progress.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the
marketing/communications/public relations program and its
activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary
to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing,
communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and
governance, and the specific business of the organization and uses
this information to help the organization operate with initiative
- Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations
preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in marketing, communications or
public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the
not-for-profit or association sector.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and
execution of marketing, communications and public relations
activities. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational
and inter-personal skills.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print
materials and publications.
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts and
knowledge of Content Management System(s) for web pages.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Lawrence , Marketing/Communications/P.R. Professional, Advertising , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...