Mathematics Teacher For Grades 7-8
Company: Lawrence Family Development Charter School
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Mathematics Teacher for Grades 7-8 develops
curriculum and lesson plans, provides instruction to Upper School
students, and participates in overall planning with other Grade
Level and Content teachers.Responsibilities:
- Provide the Mathematics instructional program for students to
reflect content and standards for the LFDCS standards and
benchmarks and aligned with the Massachusetts Common Core.
- Plan mathematics lessons and post to Schoology each week.
- Teach the lessons as planned.
- Complete all required documentation of the teaching program and
student progress including daily and weekly lesson plans aligned
with standards and benchmarks; student portfolios and assessments
to determine individual progress; attendance and other
documentation as required by law or by school administration.
- Use the learning management system Schoology, and grade
recording system MMS to post lesson plans, homework, assessments,
and other resources, and input attendance and grades.
- Participate in weekly Common Planning Time Meetings.
- Participate in the Response to Intervention meetings of grade
- Teach in a two-year looping organization.
- Communicate with parents to ensure a cooperative family
partnership in accord with the school's mission and to increase
- Invest in personal and professional development through
on-going training in accord with an approved professional
- Participate in and adopt school-based professional learning,
innovations, and technology advances.
- Attend all meetings and professional development requirements
- Master's degree preferred; Bachelor's degree required
- Massachusetts Certification for teaching Mathematics in grades
- 3 years' successful experience as classroom or Mathematics
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (oral and
- Demonstrated interpersonal, planning, and organizational
- Proven ability to communicate well with adults and
- Experience teaching urban students of Hispanic backgrounds
- Strong commitment to education reform initiatives, particularly
raising educational equity for low-income and linguistic minority
- Commitment to the specific mission and goals of LFDCS
- Ability to work independently as a classroom leader and as a
team member of the grade- level staff and school community
Keywords: Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence , Mathematics Teacher For Grades 7-8, Education / Teaching , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!