Company: Lawrence General Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
As the Lawrence General Hospital Budget Director, you will be
responsible for overseeing all budgeting activities including
budget formulation, monitoring and reporting for Lawrence General
Hospital and Affiliates. Provides strategic and tactical financial
leadership to ensure that budget activity meets the goals,
objectives and standards of the organization. DUTIES AND
- Adhere to and establish Financial Planning department goals and
objectives consistent with the Hospital's strategic and operating
plans. Provide high level and in-depth budget and special project
analysis for all operating areas and various strategic hospital
- Lead the development and validation of all strategic and
tactical budget assumptions. The budget will include Revenue,
Statistical, Contractual, FTE/Salary, Non-Salary, Capital, Balance
Sheet and Cash Flows.
- Analyze proposed operating budget requests and ensure
compliance with established hospital operating targets. Manage the
annual salary-rate increase model for both union and non-union
- Prepare monthly and annual budget presentations for the
Hospital and its Affiliates.
- Provides education to staff in areas relevant to budgeting,
staffing and operating expense management.
- Facilitates benchmarking and performance improvement
- Develops performance metrics, measurements, methods and
targets; assists in identifying performance improvement
- Work with all levels of Hospital management and finance staff
on issues surrounding budget development, reporting and analytical
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators
including revenue, labor and other operating expenses.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or
- Three to five years' experience in healthcare or hospital
- Excellent expense and revenue analysis skills.
- Knowledge of Excel and Access skills.
- Analytical and customer problem resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to work independently with operating managers on issues
such as cost per unit analysis, periodic product-line analysis,
forecasting and variance analysis.
- Must be extremely well organized to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously under sometimes tight deadlines.
- Take-charge ability and excellent judgment in determining and
leveraging resources. Preferred:
- Master's degree.
Keywords: Lawrence General Hospital, Lawrence , Budget Director, Executive , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!