Housing Support Program Manager
Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Job SummaryIn concert with the Director of Social Services, the
Housing Manager will oversee the administration of housing
stabilization and homeless programs including but not limited to:
RAFT, ESG, CoC, LPS and other programs. In addition, s/he will be
expected to be an active and engaged participant in Greater
Lawrence's housing and homeless community, representing the
interests and priorities of GLCAC.
- Administer homelessness prevention and rapid rehousing, -RAFT
and other federal state and local funds for families to maintain
and/or access housing by developing systems for accepting and
reviewing applications, collecting data and reporting to funders,
and by directly assisting families who are interested in accessing
- Oversee staff and review and process all referrals and
applications submitted by external partners as well as direct
applicants and staff, checking for completeness and accuracy;
- Communicate with partners and vendors to obtain all relevant
information and documentation required to process applications in a
- Maintain and develop relationships with landlords and property
managers. Ensure timely payments to landlords.
- Assure that the HMIS/VESTA system is maintained.
- Obtain resources and services as requested and/or needed to
address client needs, including but not limited to: housing
applications, language translation assistance, negotiation and
mediation with property owners and utility companies, CORI
resolution, credit programs and assistance with financial
- Track client referrals and program outcomes and maintain client
data and documentation;
- Oversee assigned Interns and communicate with colleges.
- Ensure effective case management is being provided to consumers
in unison with GLCAC and collateral agencies, utilizing a housing
- Compile agency and funders reports as designated by
- Community outreach to service area on resources and accessing
services, provide presentations to outside organizations as
required, attend outreach events.
- Lead staff in managing the complex changing requirements put
forth for housing, recruit, hire and train new staff.
- Oversee the budget of all funding sources to ensure stay within
- In the absence of Director of Social Services and/or CFSC
Manager will ensure programs needs are met including but not
limited to attending meetings, financial responsibility
- Works with agency to develop and implement new grants and new
programs including collaborating within the agency and outside
- Trains on supports and services community service center
- Provides afterhours coverage for service delivery.
- Other duties as assignedSkills and Qualifications
- Previous experience, training or knowledge regarding housing
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem
solve and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision;
- -Skilled coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously;
Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity.
- Experience supervising staff
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Able to work effectively under time pressure and/or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible, varying hours, including evenings
and weekends as needed.
- Five years housing experience or Bachelor's degree and two
years housing experience.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferredOther: -Supervisory
Responsibility: Oversee housing staff and student interns
assigned.Travel: -Local travel, occasional travel to funding
sources meetings and trainings. Must have a reliable car.Physical
Demands: Office duties, lift 25 poundsWork Environment: This job
operates in a professional office environment and uses standard
office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets, fax machines.GLCAC Workplace Anti-Discrimination and
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: -The policy of GLCAC is to
provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring,
training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual
orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity
or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran
status or any other category protected by law ("protected class
status").Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Lawrence , Housing Support Program Manager, Executive , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...