Department Manager - Operations
Company: Bob's Stores - Roberts 50 USA
Posted on: September 14, 2023
WE'RE FUN! - WE'RE FAST! - WE'RE CASUAL!
Bob's Stores is a Northeast retailer of branded apparel and
footwear and is synonymous with terrific brands, great value and
great service. With 30 locations in numerous states, our agenda is
loaded with great stuff to excite both our customers and our
associates. Enjoy working with a diverse team where exceptional
efforts are recognized and rewarded in a job that is fun, fast and
casual? Then apply now!As a Operations Department Manager, you'll
support the Apparel & Footwear Departments with all merchandise,
sales and operational functions. You will be responsible for the
effective management of the hourly staff while maximizing
profitability through excellent customer service. You'll organize,
plan and implement floor sets for sales and promotions, maintain
standards and oversee the visual aspects of the department. This is
the second level of store management and includes opening and
closing the store, cashiering and working the front-end to address
customer concerns, and acting as the manager on duty. -You'll lead
by example while enabling a knowledgeable and friendly sales staff
to achieve overall sales and operational goals while also coaching,
training and developing your staff in order to prepare them for
promotional opportunities that arise. Operational success in this
position could lead into an Assistant Manager role. -
- Transferring of merchandise to support Web Fulfillment
- Transferring of merchandise to support proper inventory levels
in other store locations.
- Weekly Review of Tunneling Variance reports to ensure weekly
- Identifying, locating and scanning of new markdowns.
- Sizing, organizing, and signing of markdown product in
accordance with merchandise standards.
- Completing Weekly Price Adjustments as required.
- Leading the processing team with the unloading, sorting,
hanging and folding of incoming merchandise.
- Ensure product is floor ready with appropriate Size Keeters,
and security tags per tagging guidelines.
- Weekly Review and follow up on all Unreceived Transfer reports
as well as Unacknowledged Shipments report to ensure
Inventory Management/Physical Inventory
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing merchandise is accurately
received into our Aptos system and that all discrepancies are
thoroughly investigated in support of our physical inventories
using available reporting.
- Support the inventory taken process in both home store location
as well as surround stores per the inventory calendar cycle.
-Operational Integrity/Total Store Excellence Audit
- Lead home store's Audit Program by working with Department
Managers to ensure audit standards and expectations are being
maintained on an on- going basis.
- Lead annual Store 5S re-fresh to ensure the store is audit
ready for the coming year.
- Work with Best Methods team members and Field Auditors to
support continuous process improvement methods.
Skills and Requirements:
This is a full-time, salaried-level role with additional hours as
necessary. A varied schedule will require nights, weekends and
holidays, with some overnight shifts. Flexible availability
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a retail
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal/communication
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Proven team leadership skills
- Experience working with lifestyle and athletic apparel
- Understanding of basic retail math; ability to handle cash
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Bilingual a plus
NOTE: Managers must have the ability to work 45+ hours per week,
and 10-11 hours/day, 6 days a week during holiday and peak selling
Bob's Stores is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic
career opportunities and generous employee discounts. -
Keywords: Bob's Stores - Roberts 50 USA, Lawrence , Department Manager - Operations, Executive , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!