Primary Care Behavioral Health Clinician
Company: Commonwealth Care Alliance
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Maintains appropriate written and oral communication,
documenting patient encounters, communicating with regulating
agencies that may be involved in care, and communicating findings
with primary care team
- Motivates, empowers, inspires and collaborates with all members
of the organization
- Behavioral Health Clinicains will help develop care plans,
initial and ongoing member assessment, and education at the Primary
- Participates in and lead ongoing behavioral health and
substance use disorder (SUD) groups at the either the Engagement
Center or Primary Care sites.
- Assess and refer members for Crisis Stablization Unit (CSU)
level of care or other levels of care.
- Communicates with CSU and other community based services and
supports to help members struggling with mental health
- Connects members to resources in the community and refer to
these community resources.
- Use evidence-based practice to conduct SUD groups along with
behavioral health focused groups.
- Oversees Behavioral Health clinical education, training and
staff development for the Engagement Centers. When indicated,
facilitates internal and external stakeholder collaboration for
- Provides direct care behavioral health care to members with
complex behavioral health needs at the engagement center, community
or in their home.
- Ensures end to end compliance with all regulatory/contractual
obligations related to care management on the Engagement Centers,
in close collaboration with Clinical Vice Presidents/Medical
Directors and the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and
- Participates in and passes CPR and Narcan trainings.
- Attends external meetings and activities as a representative of
the organization as requested
- Seeks to maintain a constructive work environment and maintains
effective communication with employees and managers
- Lead team meetings and social / teambuilding events
- Contributes to a continuous learning culture
- Participates in orienting and training new employees as
- Documents all clinical work in a timely manner and provides the
- Work with ED2Home staff to support diversion from ED and
provide alternative support options
- Collaborate with Care Partners to identify gaps in care/
- Work with Recovery Learning Communities' and Human Service
Providers to ensure access to Peers and Recovery coaches
individually in the community.
- Clinical support for HOW's on site
- BH Consultation for Peer Specialist and Recovery Coaches
- BH Consultation for Nurses and Medical Staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field,
licensed to practice in MA is required.
- License required with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a
LCSW, LICSW, or LMHC PHD, Psy D
- 1+ years
- Crisis experience preferred, including telephonic.
- Ability to implement creative solutions to behavioral health
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
simultaneously as evidenced by demonstrating effective time
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team
- Effectively understands, communicates, and interacts with
people across cultures and social disparities. Aware of one's own
cultural worldview and one's attitude towards cultural differences
and social justice. Possesses knowledge of different cultural
practices and worldviews, and exhibits cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and interest in improving health
outcomes among marginalized and underserved populations
- Excellent organizational, time-management and problem-solving
- Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary
- Curiosity and creativity
- Effective oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Standard office equipment
- Ability to work in front of a computer and to conduct frequent
occasional visits to external sites. Must have a valid Driver's
License with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a car.Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Lawrence , Primary Care Behavioral Health Clinician, Healthcare , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!