Home Care Registered Nurse
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionAgeSpanFormerly Elder Services of the Merrimack
Valley/North ShoreAt AgeSpan, you'll find a work environment that
- A refreshing culture that is supportive, collaborative, and
encouraging of diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- A focus on innovation with a team recognized for developing and
implementing innovative programs and novel solutions.
- Encouragement of your development through opportunities to get
involved, use your voice, and gain new knowledge and skills.
- A satisfying balance between your work and personal life,
including a flexible workplace, generous paid time off, and
wellness programs.Depending on your role and your hours, we offer:
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare (medical, dental)
- 403b Retirement Plan with agency match
- 20 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days, and 12 Paid Holidays
- Social Work Licensing Program
- License Renewal Paid by agency for RN's and Social Workers
- And MORE!Position Responsibility: The Home Care Registered
Nurse is responsible for participating in the interdisciplinary
approach to case management of elders living in the community and
facilitating the transition from nursing facility back to the
community. This includes assessing, monitoring and authorizing
personal care services as well as screening for short-term or
long-term nursing facility placement. The Home Care Registered
Nurse develops community care plans for elders in accordance with
the guidelines set by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs, the
Clinical Assessment and Eligibility of Care Agreement, and other
contracts. Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks fundamental
and not marginal to the performance of the job)
- Assess, implement and monitor the appropriateness of Personal
- Perform on-site evaluation of consumers in both the community
and in nursing facilities, including reconciliation of medications
and a head-to-toe clinical assessment.
- Participate in an interdisciplinary team of Registered Nurse,
Case Manager and Program Manager; attend appropriate case
consultations and conferences.
- Develop complex care plans and enhanced service plans according
to high risk protocols with the goal to diminish barriers to
- Screen applicants for nursing home placement, adult day health,
home- and community-based waiver services, and other
- Assist in the coordination of discharge planning for
appropriate elders from the nursing facility setting to the
community, including service planning.
- Work with the consumers and involved supports to develop a
service plan which addresses the consumer's needs, values and
- Complete necessary electronic documentation determining the
level of care for community services and/or nursing facility
placement according to the Executive Office of Elder Affairs and
- Attend appropriate agency and community meetings.
- Participate in agency committees, enhancing the effectiveness
and quality of the clinical component of assessed needs.
- Provide education of health and wellness resources to consumers
- Support ASAP nursing team with coverage as needed.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by the Nurse Manager,
including piloting, implementing, and evaluating new programs as
they are developed.Qualifications: A valid Massachusetts Registered
Nurse license is required. Applicants must have a valid driver's
license and reliable transportation. The combination of education
level and related experience required is as follows:
- a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate of Science in
Nursing degree and at least one (1) year of clinical experience
and/or nursing in a community or long term care setting; or
- a Diploma RN and two (2) additional years of community-based
nursing experience or long-term care direct service experienceMust
be willing and able to community assessments on a regular basis and
possess good written, verbal, interpersonal and computer skills and
the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
Bilingual ability in Spanish or Khmer a plus.Hours: 37.5 per
weekAA/EOEESMV/NS is strongly committed to fostering a professional
environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique
contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. It is
important that our employees reflect the diverse communities we
serve. We maintain a work atmosphere that allows people of varied
backgrounds to grow professionally and contribute to our mission by
promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and work-life balance.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: AgeSpan, Lawrence , Home Care Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!