Community Health Outreach Specialist - Lead Program
Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Community Health Outreach Specialist - Lead Program
completes education and outreach activities to inform residents and
property owners of the Merrimack Valley about lead poisoning
prevention; and provides information to Lawrence property owners
about deleading funds made available by the City of Lawrence Lead
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Provides childhood lead poisoning prevention education to
parents/caregivers, health care providers, property owners,
investors, tenants, and the general public.
- Participates in local health fairs, festivals, and other
- Assists in initiating referrals to the City of Lawrence Lead
- Assists in initiating and/or increasing collaboration with MDPH
Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP) staff/team
members, other GLCAC programs, and outside organizations.
- Assists Community Health Workers in creating informational
packets and mailing materials to clients.
- Participates in data gathering for monthly and quarterly
- Attends required meetings and prepares monthly/quarterly
reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Lead Program
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in education and/or
- Must have basic computer skills including proficiency in
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Refined and well-organized multi-tasking skills.
- Bilingual/bicultural (English/Spanish) is strongly
- Use of own car as means of transportation.
- Must have a suitable CORI and SORI completed within the first
thirty (30) days of employment.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Physical Demands: This job regularly requires the employee to sit,
walk and stand as well as use hands repetitively to handle or
operate standard equipment. This employee is occasionally required
to kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office
environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Inc., Lawrence , Community Health Outreach Specialist - Lead Program, Healthcare , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!