Company: Lawrence General Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2022
As the Phlebotomy Supervisor, you will be asked to organize and
direct the daily activities on the hospitals phlebotomists and
support services technicians. You will work closely with the shift
su pervisor under the direction of the Operations Supervisor to
provide efficien t service ensure quality of information for
specimen processing. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a cooperative team spirit and promote a friendly
image to clients, patients, visitors and other hospital staff.
- Duties include yearly evaluations and competency checks of
staff, orienting and training new staff, and assisting the lab
director with tasks related to general lab operations.
- Oversees and supervises assigned individuals, ensuring
exceptional customer service.
- Performs direct observation, competency checks, counseling,
personnel memos, incident reports, performance appraisals, and
evaluation of assigned staff, within prescribed time frames to meet
- Complete and/or review schedules for adequate staffing levels
and accesses alternatives (send out) where necessary.
- Monitors budget by avoiding waste of time and materials while
continuously seeking more efficient cost-effective methods.
Evaluates Low Workload Volume periods and responds appropriately,
delegating additional duties to staff or releasing staff as
- Completes training of new staff and the evaluation of
competencies initially, 6 months and annually thereafter.
- Promotes and monitors all aspects of sectional/departmental
Quality Management programs.
- Assumes responsibility so that CAP, FDA, DPH, CLIA and Joint
Commission standards are adhered to 100% of the time.
- High school diploma required.
- Must have excellent leadership, computer and organizational
- Five years' related experience or experience deemed appropriate
by the Director
- NHS or ASCP certification required.
Keywords: Lawrence General Hospital, Lawrence , Phlebotomy Supervisor, Healthcare , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!