Labor Relations & Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Position Summary: The Labor Relations & Human Resources Business
Partner (HRBP) provides human resources and labor relations support
to employees, Residency Administration, Faculty and Management at
our largest clinical site. The HRBP acts as a positive cultural
change agent and advisor, driving employee engagement, development,
and productivity. The HRBP develops and fosters partnerships across
the health center to deliver value added service to management and
employees that further the mission of GLFHC. Job Responsibilities
and Performance Standards:
- Handles routine labor relations and human resource inquiries
related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements; refers
complex matters to appropriate management staff.
- Serves as the initial contact and liaison for intake and
assessment of employee complaints.
- Conducts initial interviews and gathers information for
employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, work
complaints, or other concerns; informs appropriate HR staff when
additional investigation is required.
- Assists with recordkeeping related to hiring, termination,
leave, transfer, and promotion particularly as related to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO), affirmative action, and diversity
- Collects information and data to assess cost and policy
implications of negotiations and disputes. This may include
management and union proposals, pay scales and wages, benefits,
working conditions, and other mitigating circumstances.
- Conducts surveys, interviews, and other research related to
human resource policies, compensation, and other labor
negotiations; collects information and reports results to AVP,
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations
related to EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions,
labor relations, and human resources reducing risk and ensuring
- Assists with preparation of plans, policies, documents, and
reports including EEO-1, affirmative action plans, organizational
charts, labor agreements, and employee handbooks.
- Assists with preparation of documents and records required for
contract negotiations, meetings, and negotiations with employee and
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line
management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, increase productivity and
- Provide HR Policy and Collective Bargaining Agreement guidance
- Assist employees with benefits, leave of absences,
accommodations and other employee relations issues.
- Coordinate new hires, promotions and transfers and other HR
related matters as needed.
- Write job postings, post positions on company website and
various job boards, conducts candidate searches and liaise with
staffing agencies, as needed.
- Develop, recommend and implement creative recruitment
techniques to attract qualified candidates.
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand site-specific
culture, workforce needs and implement improvements to staffing
- Review resumes, conduct phone screens, coordinate and conduct
interviews, check references and extends offers for all assigned
positions within the Health Center.
- Identify training needs for staff and work with VP, Workforce
Development to coordinate training.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training
programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- 3-5 years of generalist or business partner experience in a
union environment; relevant health care industry experience a
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
including, recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee relations,
diversity, performance management, labor relations, federal and
state employment laws.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of credibility and integrity that allows for the
development of strong trusting relationships in order to gain
support and achieve results.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Must be flexible and available to interact with employees at
- Must be self-directed and motivated; taking initiative to
identify and anticipate employee and managers needs and make
recommendations for creative solutions.
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, human resources, or
related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification, and/or
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Family Health Center, Lawrence , Labor Relations & Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!