Specialist, Payment Operations, Dorchester, MA
Company: Santander Bank
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Specialist, Payment Operations, Dorchester, MA - 2000467
As a member of Santander's retail banking division, you'll help
serve Santander's retail and small business customers as part of
one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With
principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail
division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers
reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2
million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small
businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with
The Payment Operations Specialist (wires) is responsible for
supporting the processing of payments and related activities, and
is an integral part of the Payment Operations team. The Payment
Operations Specialist must:
policies and procedures relative to Consumer Compliance laws and
regulators and best practice recommendations.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and
- Report issues of concern or matters of potential loss to
- Support processing of payment transactions and related
The Payment Operations Specialist position is part of the sensitive
key positions required PTO policy. The hours of operation are
within the hours of 8AM - 6:30PM.
- Bachelor's Degree; in Accounting, Business Administration,
Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics or equivalent work
- 3-5 years in same or similar role.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest,
percentages and volume.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written with
customers, team and management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common metrics used to
measure and monitor operational performance, define problems,
collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and provide
clear and concise communication with a wide audience of internal
- Adequate knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Developing knowledge of cash management industry, including
systems, products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and
- Collects data and relevant facts to communicate problems.
- Presents the general outline and direction of the
- Demonstrates the organization's customer service standard.
- Foundational - Learning and developing.
- Ensures all tasks are carried out correctly Learns from past
mistakes and ensures that they are not repeated in similar future
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management
policies, processes and procedures.
- Openly and proactively shares information.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to
find a solution.
- Understands the central role the risk management function plays
in the organization environment.
- Learns to identify and flag items non-compliant with
- Works effectively in team settings.
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when
needed to complete shared tasks. At Santander, we value and respect
differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity
of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Business Operations
Primary Location : Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard -
06367 - Columbia Park
Organization : SBNA Operations (5000)
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 5, 2020, 4:51:04 PM
Keywords: Santander Bank, Lawrence , Specialist, Payment Operations, Dorchester, MA, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!