Admit Registered Nurse
Posted on: July 16, 2021
Home Care RN | $10k Sign-on Bonus!
Have questions about this opportunity? Email
email@example.com for more information.
Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As an admissions registered nurse at Amedisys, you will conduct
evaluations and patient assessments for entry into home health
services while using a preferred technology for point of care
documentation. You will collaborate with the clinical manager, case
managers, and physician(s) to complete the patient care planning at
the onset of care. You will have the opportunity to spend quality
time with the patient, in their own home to assess the medical
needs and recommendation for entry into services.
- Performs patient start of care comprehensive assessment (using
the OASIS tool), evaluation, development and implementation of Plan
- Collaborates with physicians, patients and their families,
nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient
care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment
- Initiates appropriate referrals for other medical services when
- Performs various types of nursing visits periodically to
continue to monitor progress and evaluate services (Resumption of
Care, Recertification, routine or follow up visits as needed.)
- Participates in patient care conferences and leads discussion
regarding new patients admitted into services.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
outcomes. Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up
and agency performance improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by
- Minimum of one year (1) of clinical experience as a registered
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- Home Health experience to include proficiency with the OASIS
- Acute care experience as a registered nurse with the adult
population in a medical - surgical environment.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Lawrence , Admit Registered Nurse, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!