Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Knowledge in operating computerized building
management/automation systems. Inspect, maintain, repair and
install commercial and residential HVAC-R equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following: (other duties may be assigned at any
time at the discretion of the employee’s supervisor):
- Inspect, repair, troubleshoot, modify and install HVAC
equipment including air handlers, hydronic radiators, refrigeration
and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers,
steam converter units, and pumps.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of HVAC
equipment, including air handlers, natural gas and propane boilers
and furnaces, air conditioning equipment, heat pumps, and make
necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Test and examine boiler and furnace operations, observing meter
and pressure gauges; adjust boiler burner combustion.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and
their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan
controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters,
controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls,
pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- Change shafts, bearings and filters on and in air handlers as
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace plumbing fixtures and
- Using a desktop computer or handheld tablet, operate and
understand basic function of computerized Building Automation
System (BAS) supplied by Siemens, Honeywell and others.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, gas torch, vacuum
pump, test equipment utilized in the trade; maintain equipment in
effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool
- Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials;
maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
Occasionally supervises work of assistants assigned to help on a
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with trade or vocational
school graduation in HVAC, plumbing, pipe-fitting or related field
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before groups of customers or employees of
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate,
ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving
several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
NH Propane Gas-fitters License, EPA Refrigeration Technician
Certification, valid NH driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of basic plumbing and electrical
systems, excellent customer service skills, ability to work well
both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be fully competent and comfortable in the operation of
computers, tablets and related technology.
Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and
climb or balance.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to climb ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
and crawl to inspect or make repairs located in ceilings,
underground, and between walls.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee occasionally must work in high or precarious
- May be required to stand on and in wet areas to perform
- Must be able to work long overtime hours as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to
Special Requirements: Must be available
for emergency call-in, and vacation approval may be limited during
peak activity periods. Must be able to work
weekends regularly during the heating season.
Please submit cover letter and resume with
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Lawrence , HVAC Technician, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!