Non-Exempt, Part time,
Department: Safety Department
Reports to: Director of
School Safety and the Security Projects Manager.
NOTE: This description is intended to indicate the
kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required
of positions that will be given this title and shall not be
construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is
not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees
supervised. The use of a particular expression or
illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other
duties not mentioned that are of similar kind of level or
Summary: Shuttle driver is responsible to
transport students to and from St. Paul’s Campus following a
scheduled route and ensuring their safety. The Shuttle Driver's
responsibilities include ensuring proper vehicle maintenance,
observing safety and traffic rules, and maintaining order among
students while they are on the bus. May also transport
students to appointments, transport packages, and provide other
transport services as directed by the supervisor.
To be successful as a shuttle driver you should enjoy working
with young people and strictly observe passenger transport
regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch shuttle driver should be
meticulous when it comes to vehicle inspections and regard
passenger safety as the highest priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following: (other duties may be assigned at any
time at the discretion of the employee’s supervisor):
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times
- Observing all relevant traffic and safety laws.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Ensuring adherence to passenger limits, both seated and
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Satisfactory and insurable driving history
- Previous experience driving groups of people.
- knowledge of applicable transport and safety codes.
- First Aid training is preferred.
- Amicable and optimistic disposition.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, would occasionally be
required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or
balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands
to feel objects or controls
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust
Other: Individual will need to complete
training specific to the vehicle(s) to be driven.