Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Job Title: Library Technician
Status: Non-exempt, 40 hours per week,
Reports to: Library Director
Oversees financial services, office management, and library
acquisitions and ordering for the Ohrstrom Library at St. Paul's
School. Provides excellent public service to all users of the
library, including faculty, staff, and students, during scheduled
desk hours. Supports outreach, collection development, and reader’s
advisory initiatives. Responsible for some circulation services
tasks, including patron records and billing. This position requires
two evening shifts per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Library Director through maintaining budget and
financial records and documents, including tracking all library
- Supports the budget process by maintaining budget worksheets
and by assisting in the preparation of the annual budgets. Assists
the Library Director in developing the annual budget request.
- Reconciles monthly credit card statements
- Tracks purchasing renewals of print and e-resource
- Manages the library office, including maintaining calendars,
ordering supplies, and submitting work orders
- Supports the Director in administrative tasks, such as meeting
and event planning, calendar management, document and
communications management, and mail services
- Oversees acquisition of all library materials
- Overseees patron records, circulation rules, patron requests,
overdues, and billing
- Runs circulation reports and supports collection projects such
as inventory, weeding and collection development
- Contributes to outreach and reader’s advisory
- Contributes to collection development through recommending
titles for purchase
- Liaises with the business, facilities, and communications
The following responsibilities common to all staff are
superimposed upon the work outlined in the above job description.
Please note that while each Ohrstrom Library employee staffs the
service desk for approximately 15 hours per week, he/she is
required to multi-task, e.g. attending to immediate patron and
building needs while simultaneously performing a wide range of
position-specific work. Service desk responsibilities include:
- Assisting directly with a wide range of circulation desk
operations, including: checking materials in and out, placing holds
and recalls on items in various formats; locating library
materials; directing patrons.
- Employing strong customer service and communication skills,
including: answering general reference questions; assisting
students and faculty with navigating Ohrstrom Library’s web
page; referring specialized requests to appropriate library
staff as necessary.
- Responding to informational requests requiring strong
familiarity with Ohrstrom Library’s and St. Paul’s School’s
policies, practices, and procedures.
- Employing strong organizational and interpersonal skills and
good-judgment, investing special attention to the security and
well-being of students; monitoring student behavior to ensure
appropriate building use and compliance with rules; facilitating
study conditions during specified evening hours; remaining vigilant
to visitors and their appropriate interactions with students and
use of the library; proactively responding to building
emergencies by preparing work order requests or contacting
Facilities as necessary.
- Contributing fully on a pre-determined schedule to the detailed
and critical opening and closing procedures for the library each
morning and evening.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two years’ experience in libraries. Experience
with technical services or financial services a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment
to excellent service to a diverse body of users, both internal and
- A highly collaborative working style
- Strong computer skills and ability to find and learn new
programs independently. Skills in Blackbaud and Excel
- Commitment to professional development
- Ability and experience to plan, manage and oversee complex
projects, meet deadlines, and to prioritize work in alignment with
the service goals of the library and the school
- Ability to work collegially in small groups and a team
- Ability to think critically, analyze problems, and develop and
implement creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
St. Paul’s School encourages applications from candidates who
support the School’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive
living and working environment. For
consideration, please submit a cover letter,
resume, and names and contact information for three professional
references. Review of Resumes will begin immediately and the
position will remain open until filled.
St. Paul's School is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of
diversity. St. Paul's School does not discriminate on the
basis of race, creed, ethnic origin, disability or sexual
orientation, and complies with applicable laws for the protection
of civil rights.
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Lawrence , Library Technician, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!