Dean of Admission and Financial Aid
Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: November 11, 2021
St. Paul's School is searching for a Dean of Admission and
Financial Aid to begin duties July 1, 2022. This individual should
be an experienced manager and leader who can organize, and
articulate school-wide marketing and enrollment management
efforts directed at attracting and retaining outstanding students
who will be challenged by a rigorous academic curriculum and
benefit from a diverse community of teachers and learners. The
position requires someone with energy and enthusiasm, outstanding
interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and managerial,
marketing, and technical acumen and experience.
This position also requires personal commitment to
residential/boarding school and a willingness to embrace all
aspects of faculty life, including advising and supervisory duties.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated gift for
engaging a diverse student body and strengthening St.
Paul’s inclusive community.
The Dean will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Represent all facets of the School and its mission to potential
applicants and their families in ways that enhance the School’s
outreach and reputation.
- Develop aggressive marketing and recruitment strategies to
heighten school visibility.
- Enroll a diverse group of students who will benefit from and
contribute to the academic, artistic, athletic, residential, and
co-curricular programs offered by the School.
- Lead a comprehensive enrollment management program to:
- Oversee student, faculty, and parent participation in
admissions and outreach programs with an emphasis on training,
evaluation, and accountability.
- Produce (in collaboration with the director of communications)
marketing materials that
reflect the School’s distinctive character.
- Conduct research to measure marketing effectiveness.
- Collect and analyze data about school
admission/enrollment/financial aid trends.
- Provide school administrators and trustees with accurate
admission and enrollment
information and data to enable them to make critical budgetary and
- Supervise the financial aid program and work with the Director
of Financial Aid in the
distribution of funds to new and returning students and in the
development of financial aid policies and procedures.
- Work with administrators and faculty to ensure an effective new
student orientation and school-wide retention program.
- Maintain a high level of personal contact with feeder schools,
educational consultants, alumni/ae and other referral sources.
- Work with the senior Administrative Team as an important voice
in strategic and operational planning.
- Work closely with the Rector and Chief Advancement Officer on
fundraising to support financial
aid and student experience.
- Strengthen a network of educators, community leaders, and
special program representatives who can refer students of color,
especially Black and Hispanic students, from a variety of economic
- Serve on the School’s administrative team.
- Travel six to eight weeks per year on the School’s behalf and
organize similar travel plans of
other members of the admission staff and the Rector as needed.
- Represent the School at the annual meeting of the Enrollment
Management Association, School
Scholarship Service, The Association of Boarding Schools and other
- Serve on the Board of Gateway to Prep Schools.
- Assist in the interviewing of prospective students and their
- Oversee the application review process and assume
responsibility for coordinating the work of
the faculty admission committee.
- Make hiring recommendations to the Rector for admission
professional and support staff; train,
supervise, and evaluate admission staff.
- Plan and manage the admission budget.
As part of a residential boarding school, the candidate must be
committed to (and enjoy) working and living with adolescents as a
How to Apply: St. Paul’s School has engaged
Carney Sandoe to assist with this search. Please contact Ben
Bolte, firstname.lastname@example.org, confidentially if
you’re considering applying.
For consideration, applicants will need to send resume/CV, letter
of intent, and later, a list of five references with contact
information (references will not be contacted until the candidate
is notified), and statement reflecting your strategy and approach
to admissions and enrollment work to email@example.com.
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Lawrence , Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!