Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for establishing and
supervising volunteer activities within our Agency. The duties
include interviewing and hiring Volunteers, placing Volunteers in
different roles based on their qualifications and Agency needs, and
maintaining accurate Volunteer records. Develops and expands
existing partnerships to create a pipeline of volunteers, Also
supervising their placement and performance within their
assignments working with the assigned Department.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer (COO),
develops, plans, and coordinates volunteer programming and
- Cultivates new and expands existing partnerships with a variety
of area organizations to help create and sustain a pipeline of
- Recruits, interviews, supervises, and trains volunteers.
- Coordinates volunteers for ongoing tasks as well as for Agency
- Organizes and promotes events as necessary.
- Tracks volunteer hours for the agency and educational
institutions as part of their volunteer service hours and/or for
- Conducts periodic evaluation of volunteers working with the
Department Manager where assigned.
- Plans and organizes events, including site selection,
logistical arrangements, purchasing supplies, promoting events,
scheduling, and being the primary point of contact for the
- Assigns Volunteers to assist in Agency Community outreach
- Sets up and manages the volunteer database.
- Other administrative and management duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Must have good planning, organizing, and interpersonal verbal
and written communication skills.
- Required is a flexible attitude and ability to prioritize
calls, tasks, and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Prior volunteer coordination experience is preferred.
- Good understanding of the program needs of the Agency to place
volunteers in their assignments.
- Must have a suitable CORI & SORI completed within the first
thirty (30) days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Inc., Lawrence , Volunteer Coordinator, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!