Housing Case Specialist
Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:Under the supervision of the Housing
Manger, the Housing Case Specialist is responsible for assisting
families in identifying appropriate housing and supportive services
on a long-term basis. The Housing Case Specialist is responsible
for implementation and oversight of landlord relationships, lease
programs, case management for those living in permanent supportive
housing. Essential functions of the job include: finding and
retaining housing; identifying sources of housing funding;
housing-based education, credit/budgeting and basic skills
counseling, and linkage to appropriate related community resources.
The Housing Case specialist must be able to develop strong working
relationships with client population, be able to relate to
individuals making significant life decisions, and be supportive of
individuals' increasing independence.Essential Functions/Key
- Works with clients to develop individualized housing
- Assists clients with housing applications, completes supportive
and subsidized housing paperwork, surveys rental market for
affordable housing, and advocates for clients with prospective
- Develops housing listing for clients in Lawrence and
surrounding areas and coordinates moves to permanent
housing.Maintains Client Records:
- Maintains accurate documentation of service objectives and
outcomes as well as other services in accordance with program and
- Maintains client related data and case notes in the ENGAGE
system, or any other data system as required by program;
- Prepares case management related reports including but not
limited to outcomes, challenges, successes, etc.Home visits/ Client
- Continually monitors and evaluates each client's progression
through their housing case management plan, and develop corrective
action revisions to the plan as needed;
- Landlord/tenant relations and recruitment
- Maintains a working relationship with all landlords and
management companies where clients reside
- Recruits apartment owners
- Provides tenant training for clients
- Provides mediation services for landlords/tenantsSupport and
- Provides financial assistance by referring clients to the RAFT
program and to other special rental assistance grant programs;
- Complete RAFT, ESG, Home base and other housing
- Assists in completing Section 8 applications, rental
applications, leases, letters to tenants, landlords, housing
authorities or housing court;
- Organizes educational workshops on tenants' rights and
responsibilities, housing discriminations, landlord/tenant
communications, setting individual and reasonable goals, etc.
- Refer to community resources. ie WIC, LIHEAP, SNAP, Furniture,
- Ensures compliance with all agency policiesOther as required by
the positionCovid Vaccine Requirement:
- Must have evidence of full COVID-19 immunization or must
request and receive approval for a religious or medical
exemption.Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in human services, education, communications
or related field.
- Five years of experience providing services to low-income
- Experience in the provision of housing services preferred
- Knowledge of housing related resources, housing rights issues,
and the Continuum of Care for homeless persons
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills in human relations and counseling.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and
familiar with maintaining a database.
- Must be committed to providing effective customer/client
service and demonstrate self-initiative.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a
- Must be able to interact with highly diversified clientele and
be able to work in a high volume office environment.
- Must have a suitable CORI & SORI completed within the first
thirty (30) days of employment.
- Must have own transportation and a valid driver's
license.Powered by JazzHRwLoWkERKmj
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Lawrence , Housing Case Specialist, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!