Family Support Services Specialist
Company: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Job Summary:The Head Start Family Support Services Specialist
will support enrollment and recruitment efforts, provide case
management and crisis intervention support to Family Support
Services staff and the case management team, and assist in the
measurement and compilation of family outcomes data for the
program.Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Case Management Supervisor with priority cases and
actively participate and summon team meetings to address
- Develop an action plan based on the concerns of the family
assuring all basic needs are being met and following all standard
- Conduct file reviews, assist with team meetings, review family
partnership agreements, and case management to assure standards and
regulations are in compliance.
- Compile and complete Family Support Services monthly reports
which include the completion of home visits, family needs
assessments, and services for individual families for all
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of teaching staff,
family advocates, parents, and other content area specialists to
plan and implement comprehensive services for children and
- Utilize and increase collaboration with external community
organizations to facilitate service provision for families in
- Support management through regular reporting and communication,
serving as a liaison between management and site staff.
- Review and compile family outcomes data from all sites for
- Coordinate overall efforts associated with recruitment,
enrollment, and attendance follow-up.
- In conjunction with the case manager supervisor; coordinate
open houses and center committee meetings planning and preparation
for all sites.
- Compile and complete external/internal referral services
reports for all sites. Support Case Management Supervisor with
high-risk/priority cases and actively participate in or summon team
meetings to address issues affecting the family at all sites.Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Human Services or related field,
or social worker experience. (Two years of additional related
experience may be substituted for one year of education).
- Must have excellent communication, and organizational skills,
and have strong computer literacy skills.
- Bilingual- English/Spanish beneficial.
- Use of a car/means of transportation is required for
- Schedule flexibility is required based on the needs of our
children and families.
- Must be a positive team player, and demonstrate patience,
empathy and kindness.
- Must be comfortable with diversity, including with peers and
- Attendance at relevant training, meetings, and special events
- Engage in ongoing staff development to improve professional
- Written references and DEEC/DCF BRC/CORI/SORI (Background
Record Check) will be completed before hiring.
- Must show documented proof of current physical exam, negative
TB test, proof of MMR immunity (Hepatitis B Immunity is advisable),
and Covid-19 vaccination. First Aid & CPR certification is
preferred.Supervisory Responsibility: -No direct
supervision.Travel: -May be requiredWork Environment: This job
operates in a professional office environment and uses standard
office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing
cabinets, fax machines. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greater Lawrence Community Action Council, Lawrence , Family Support Services Specialist, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...