Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Big Belly Solar LLC
Posted on: November 16, 2023
- Champions and advocates adherence to safety rules to protect
self and others from injury throughout the operation.
- Provides manufacturing equipment, jigs, and fixtures with
features that ensure safe operation.
- Recommends material handling equipment that prevents bodily
injury to the operator.
- His/her safety advocacy extends to support functions such as
Stock Room, Shipping, and Receiving.
- To support manufacturing goals below:
- No near misses
- No safety violations
- No missed work due to injuries
- No unsafe work practices observed
- No violations regarding failure to wear Personal Protective
Equipment(PPE) when appropriateProductivity:
- Plans, organizes, implements, and controls the manufacturing
process of the Value Stream he/she is assigned, ensuring the most
effective utilization of all resources, high processing speed,
quality, and consistency.
- Estimate production cycle times, labor requirements, and
related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Meet with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design
problems related to material characteristics, dimensional
tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and
- Initiates plans and processes that minimize manufacturing costs
through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities,
material, and capital.
- Analyzes audited direct labor hours applied by process or
product to ensure efficiencies are to standards.
- Improves processes and recommends courses of action to reduce
touch time while increasing speed.
- Analyzes rework through root cause finding and institutes
preventative corrective action.
- Recommends and drives improvements ensuring manufacturability.
Initiates corrective actions to increase supplier quality
- Lead Continuous Improvement teams through Kaizen events.
- Plan and recommend VA/VE cost reduction opportunities.Project
- Lead mid to high-level manufacturing projects, providing
direction, guidance, and engineering expertise to team
- Attend project meetings, and oversee the manufacturing team to
develop and maintain manufacturing action plans for new tooling,
equipment, and production scheduling needs.
- Coordinate project builds with planning and production, follow
up actions, including but not limited to Engineering and commercial
- Create collaborative project communication channels with
Engineering, Manufacturing, Production Scheduling, and commercial
- Develop and maintain Gantt Charts, Project Schedule, Risk
Assessments, and Contingency Plans.
- Develop action plans, and project metrics, and then measure and
report progress of improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver formal presentations to leadership regarding project
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods and work
- Develop and document standard processes and procedures.
- Analyze and plan space requirements, workflow, and design
layout of equipment and workplace for maximum efficiency.
- Meet with planning and design staff concerning product design
and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and provide
technical information and direction.Quality Assurance:
- Supports the attainment of the Company's Quality objectives
ensuring product standards and policies will exceed our
- Understands and supports quality policies and implements
guidelines to assure adherence to quality documents and ISO
- Improves quality through process improvements.
- Manages the ISO process.
- Develops and maintains Quality Assurance Metrics.
- Plans and directs periodic audits to ensure adherence and
develops CA and action plans. Leadership:
- Encourage and facilitate the incorporation of Lean objectives
- Implement manufacturing strategies and actions that support the
company's strategic initiatives (Lean and continuous
- Work effectively with all other departments to meet deadlines,
objectives, and ship dates.
- Meets with team members periodically to review SQDC (Safety,
Quality, Delivery, and Cost) boards and CONC Metrics.
- 15+ years in an engineering discipline in a design and MTO
capital electro-mechanical equipment environment preferred.
- Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and CI processes is a
- Familiarity with Six Sigma methodology is desirable but not
- Demonstrated capability to interpret data and trends and
develop action plans.
- Experience working in an engineered product line in a Lean Mfg.
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office products. Able to input
data and retrieve information from an ERP system and working
knowledge in Arena.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work package,
- Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills to
work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by
Keywords: Big Belly Solar LLC, Lawrence , Principal Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!