Burner Service Technician - Oil
Company: Energy North Inc
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Oil Service Technicians are responsible for the installation,
maintenance, and repair of residential and commercial heating and
cooling systems, as well as related tanks and piping.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilation, and
cooling equipment at commercial and residential customer
- Communicates in a timely manner with office staff, maintaining
a schedule and making sure any delays are properly communicated to
- Follows a standardized format for customer visits:
- Documents all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model,
serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and
pictures where applicable.
- Diagnoses diverse electrical and mechanical service
- Explains the diagnosed issue in concise terms to the customer,
together with the resolution.
- Understands, and articulately conveys, company pricing and
services to customers.
- Repairs by obtaining any needed replacement parts, calibrating
system to manufacturer's recommendations, and thoroughly testing
components for functionality.
- Identifies and reports to owner potential opportunities for
additional business (newer system, service contracts, and
- Completes visit by obtaining customer signature and correct
customer information, including email address.
- Notifies dispatchers of any issues that require repair or
compromise delivery or service
- Maintains proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in
- Maintains company vehicle, including frequent interior and
exterior cleaning, refueling, reporting any mechanical issues and
ensuring that they are corrected, and submitting completed monthly
vehicle inspection and mileage log forms.
- Participates in company provided training opportunities on
latest industry technologies.
- Conducts visual oil tank inspections, recording condition with
pictures and descriptions.
- Executes other duties assigned by the Service Manager.
- A complete commitment to safety, for self, team, and the
- Driven to meet and exceed customer satisfaction expectations,
including timely issue resolution and proactive customer
- Respect for a wide variety of customers and colleagues.
- Concise, effective verbal and written communications
- Ability to work well independently, and as part of a larger
team, to drive positive results.
- Strong time management skills, including the prioritization of
necessary tasks to accomplish the desired result.
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly changing situations, driven
by climate, geography, and business need.
- Comfort in driving through a wide variety of weather
- A minimum of three years of experience in oil service or
equipment sales preferred.
- NH oil burner service license.
- EPA 608 certificate preferred.
- Clean MA/ NH driving record.
- Understanding of blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Ability to pass company-provided drug test, alcohol test, and
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends,
overtime, and on call shifts.
- This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Electronic timekeeping
of all hours worked is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to bend or
kneel to view underside of tanks. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of the jobholder.
Keywords: Energy North Inc, Lawrence , Burner Service Technician - Oil, Professions , Lawrence, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...